About THE LEADER’s Media Camp
- Ages: 10-15 years old.
- When: July 13 – 17; 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Before- and after-care are available for $50/week)
- Where: The Leader News office.
What happens at The Leader’s Media Camp:
Our goal, more than anything else, is to give campers a week-long experience that will go down as the most exciting thing they did all summer, while also teaching them a skill set that may introduce them to a career opportunity. This year we will teach various forms of media, but our focus will be on what our students find most interesting. Specifically, we will potentially touch on these topics:
- Journalism writing, how it’s different and how it can be used for newspapers, websites, TV and radio
- Develop interviewing skills
- Produce, write and film a news show, or video of their choice
- Write and record their own podcast
- Photography basics using a camera or smartphone
While writing, editing, photography, and more will be taught, the camp will be tailored to each student and what interests them, which will allow the campers to be most productive.
What else is offered?
Along with a safe environment with professional teachers on staff, children will also receive:
- Snacks and lunch every day, provided by local restaurants
- Introduction to new friends who have similar interests
How much does it cost?
- $350 for the entire week, which includes lunches and snacks
- $400 for the week for campers that need early drop-off and late pick-up (early drop off begins at 8 a.m., late pick up ends at 5:30 p.m.)